THOMPSON PUBLIC LIBRARY
934 Riverside Drive (Route 12)
North Grosvenordale, CT 06255 | (860) 923-9779
Anytime is Reading Time!
Email: kflynn at thompsonpubliclibrary.org Sarah Banister,
Library Assistant for Children's Services
Email: sbanister at thompsonpubliclibrary.org
... clickable icons that let you browse subject categories
... search for just juvenile material in the library
... easy-to-read screens
... able to place holds on material and create & save title lists
• Children of any age, even infants, are eligible for their own library cards.
• Parents are responsible for any materials borrowed on the card.
• There are no fines on children’s materials borrowed on a child’s card.
Books, Books, Books
• Board Books for Babies & Toddlers... • Picture Books for Young Children... • First Readers for Beginner Readers... • Chapter Books such as Junie B. Jones, Diary of the Wimpy Kid, 39 Clues, & Magic Tree House
• Nonfiction books such as biographies, award winners, and animal books... • Reference books such as encyclopedias, atlases, and books about presidents... • Audiobooks for younger & older listeners including playaways... • Graphic novels & paperbacks
Online Resources for Children’s Studies
• Kids can find homework help and databases, including ICONN, to aid in their research.
• Search the library catalog
Just for kids!! TumbleBooks is an online library of animated talking picture books that kids can read or read along with. The storybook collection includes storybooks, read-alongs, nonfiction & language books and books for the iPad.
The Friends of the Library have made a wonderful gift to our Library. The Early Learning Station offers 50+ educational games in seven curriculum areas for kids ages 3-8+ . It features a touchscreen, and is not connected to the Internet. It is located in the Play Corner.
Funds from the Friends Next Chapter initiative were used for a portion of the purchase. Many thanks to those who have contributed to this fund. If you would like to donate, forms are available at the Library and online.
The Library has an After School Program …come and join the fun!!! Offered since 1987, this free program is for children in kindergarten – 4th grade. Bus transportation from schools to the program is provided, parent pick up is at 5pm. Attendance is one day a week.
Join us for games, snacks, library scavenger hunts, book clubs, read to the dogs, outdoor play and special events like Iditarod in the park, movies and popcorn & so much more!
Space is limited. Contact Kim Flynn.
Preschool Story Hour ...
Winter... January 7 – March 4.
Spring... April 1 to May 20 No session April 15
Toddler Time ...
Winter... January 8 – February 12; Thursdays January 10 – February 14
Spring...Tuesdays March 19 to April 30
Thursdays March 21 to May 2 No session April 18
Visit the Preschool Story board on
Visit the Toddler Time board on
In addition to programs listed, Children's Services also offers stories read aloud, tours of the library and reference assistance to organizations, such as schools, scouts and day cares, who wish to come to the library to promote literacy. Library outreach programs are also available.